Sooooo…. Business school has basically taken over my life. Which is amazing and overwhelming at the same time! As many of you know, my journey to the East Coast to attend HBS started in August with leaving a job I liked with AbbVie. But sometimes a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do!
Here I am almost two months later and what a two months it has been! Between cases, social activities, and attempting to get back in shape now that I live next to a gorgeous and large gym, it’s been a whirlwind! I leave you with the most interesting tidbits I have learned so far:
- Section J is awesome
- Just say no. Sometimes you have to say no to many activities. And guess what? It’s ok!
- Team 77 is amazing at circuit boards (see below)
- If I were to climb Mount Everest in a non-simulated form, I would likely die
- Cold calls are actually the best thing that can happen to your grade in a class
- On the grade note – those don’t really matter that much here (or in real life)
- Sometimes all you need to de-stress is an entire day of watching college football and getting ahead on reading!
- Class can actually be fun